Visual Recipes for Christmas Around the World | Recipes to cook in the classroom and have a taste of one of that country's cultural foods during the holiday celebrations.
Some recipes are no bake, others you will need access to a stove, griddle, or slow cooker.
What countries and recipes are included?
• US / Canada Christmas - Reindeer Chow
• Kwanzaa - Fried Plantains
• Hanukkah - Potato Latkes
• Australia - Pavlova
• England - Yorkshire Pudding
• Mexico / Las Posadas - Imitation Three Kings Bread
• Germany - Mulled Cider
• Sweden / Norway / St. Lucia - Imitation Crown Cake
• France - Fruit Tray
• Italy - Imitation Struffoli
• Netherlands - Milkshake
• Russia - Yzvar (fruit drink)
• Ramadan - Salad
• South Africa - Christmas Pudding
• Kenya - Rice and BBQ
• Egypt - Sweet Couscous
• Ethiopia - Beef Stew
• Diwali / Festival of Lights - Aloo Tikki
• Phillipines - Fruit Salad
• Chinese New Year - Fried Rice
• Brazil - Rabanada
Each recipe includes a list of recipe ingredients and kitchen supplies needed, a student survey (for after the lesson), combined recipe steps (with check boxes to keep track of which step you are on), and a writing activity (for after the lesson).
All of these visual recipes are included in the Holidays Around the World Bundle.
Connect with me:
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!