Theodor Geisel is a famous author and illustrator known all over the world. Celebrate his birthday by researching the man behind all of those famous characters. Learn about his life from childhood to adulthood, and have your students achieve a deeper understanding of who Theodor Geisel was.
What do I get?
- 2 cover option
- 13 different foldables
- 2nd through 4th usability
- how to for each foldable with picture guide
What do students get to reflect on?
- 5 Geisel-related writing prompts
- 4 foldables that cover Theodor Geisel's life as a child, during his time in the military, as a young man, and later in life.
- Favorite famous quote
- Favorite book
- Fill in the blank writing prompt "If I wrote a children's book..."
- "If I could ask him 3 questions... because..."
- 6 facts about Theodor Geisel
- 7 flap biography about Theodor's life (full name, nickname, birth date, known for, age at death, died on, born in)
- Places I'd like to go...
- (on the back) is a timeline for students to put 10 events in Theodor Geisel's life in order.
What do I still need?
- manila folders or construction paper
- colored pencils / markers / crayons
THAT'S IT :)
Still not sure what a lapbook is or how to incorporate one into your classroom?! You can check out my blog post to read more.
- Instead of creating a lapbook, include the 13-themed foldables into your Interactive Notebook!
- Coloring these pages does take some time. I suggest asking students to color them for homework and/or having them color during free time.
There are more foldables included than what will fit inside your students' lapbooks. Your students can specialize the folder any way they want, which makes it more special and individualized. This is great because no two INB lapbooks have to be the same!
Looking for more lapbooks and foldables? .
Connect with me:
• • • • • •
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!