"Fluency is important because it provides a bridge from word recognition and comprehension." For students with special needs, especially nonverbal students, fluency can be a difficult skill to target and master. Using Core Vocabulary to help students with special needs master fluency is where is all begins.
Why do I need this?
Core Vocabulary instruction is the beginning building block to not only building a fluent reader, but also a student who is a productive, independent member of the school and community.
What Core Vocabulary words are focused on in this BUNDLE?
Set 1 - want, go
Set 2 - can, see
Set 3 - need, have
Set 4 - like, come
Set 5 - say, with
Set 6 - give, make
BONUS SET - don't, can't
What is included in each set?
• 2 Leveled sets of SPED Strips (two core vocab words per set).
• Level 1 includes only pictures.
• Level 2 includes pictures and words.
• Building Fluency Strips - Uses words from previous sets in sentences to practice core vocabulary and build fluency (not included in Set #1).
• Flash cards for the key core vocabulary words being practiced.
• Comprehension flash cards for all vocabulary used within this set of SPED Strips.
INDIVIDUAL SETS included in this BUNDLE:
• BONUS SET (only available in this bundle)
You might also like:
Connect with me:
• • • • • •
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!