An all-encompassing unit about reindeer. Teach your students about reindeer and the reindeer life cycle, and then use the supplemental activities, experiments, visual recipes, and more!
WHAT IS INCLUDED? Reindeer Thematic Unit
Vocabulary Cards P.3-21
Information Reader P.22-36
Information Posters P.37-42
Book Recommendations P.43
Graphic Organizers P.44-62
Fact or Opinion Game P.68-72
Art Activities P.76-90
STEM Activities P.91-94
Math Activities P.96-103
Number Clip Cards P.104-106
Sight Word Reader P.107-112
Sample Lesson Plan for the Unit + other reindeer activities
Reindeer Life Cycle Adapted Books • Level 1 - 14 page book with 2 comprehension questions (18 total Velcro answer pieces)
• Level 2 - 14 page book with 4 comprehension questions (22 total Velcro answer pieces)
• Paper comprehension test (matches the questions in each book - great for keeping data)
Each adapted book now includes a digital adapted book in Google Drive/Google Slides.
Reindeer Chow Visual Recipe
• 1 full sheet recipe card for Reindeer Chow
• belt images (to cut out)
• 1 sequencing mat
• 1 visual recipe (cut out and paste onto sequencing mat)
Dasher Book Companion
• Book Companion Worksheets (sequencing, vocabulary, writing prompts, story sorting map, tracing, graphing, and more!)
• Visual recipe (with real pictures) for Reindeer Cookies
Reindeer Disguise Task Cards
• 19 different reindeer task cards + 12 different Santa task cards
• 3 levels of differentiation for maximized learning:
Reindeer to Reindeer Disguise and Santa to Santa Disguise (identical matching)
Reindeer/Santa Disguise to Occupation Kid
Reindeer/Santa Disguise to Occupation Word
HOW DO I USE THESE ACTIVITIES?
How do I use the book companion?
You can read this to read more about how I used these same activities with the Old Lady Swallowing a Frog.
How do I put these adapted books together?
• Print on card stock and laminate.
• Cut on the dotted line on each page.
• Single hole punch for binder ring use, or bind with a binding machine.
• Put a piece of Velcro in each empty box or circle. Put a piece of Velcro on the back of each answer piece.
Connect with me:
• • • • • •
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!